Complicated recipes for dinner
Ever notice how when you’re busy or stressed — and committed to exercise — that it’s difficult to plan meals and make healthy choices? I notice that I can get into patterns where I skip my workouts because I feel like I’m too stressed to commit.
Instead of worrying about getting dinner on the table and planning a complicated recipe, keep some pantry staples and ideas in your head that will help you throw together easy meals. Then, get yourself moving around the block with the dog or take a bike ride!
Healthy Meal Strategies
- Supply your kitchen with items that will make your life easier, like a crockpot or a rice cooker.
- Keep a variety of pantry staples on hand: cans of beans, rice, pastas, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, enchilada sauce, etc. (base this on some of your favorite frequent recipes!).
- Make sure to always have leafy greens on hand to make quick salads, to wilt into pastas, or sauté as a side, as well as eggs for an easy protein source.
- The freezer is your friend: keep leftovers, frozen vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, broccoli), frozen veggie burgers, frozen bags of rice, frozen chicken, and other items that you consider staples on hand at all times – remembering to defrost before the night you need it.
Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta: Chop up your favorite vegetables and chicken and sauté them while cooking some pasta. When the pasta is done cooking and drained, toss it with a bit of olive oil, herbs and the vegetables (gf: sub rice; veg: add beans; paleo: roast spaghetti squash).
- Vegetable Frittata: Sauté onion and garlic in a pan and add any veggies from the fridge. Scramble eggs with milk and pour over the veggies and pop the whole pan in the oven to finish cooking.
- Big Green Salad: Top salad greens with a veggie burger (or frozen falafel/meatballs) and your favorite nuts, dried fruit and other veggies from the crisper drawer. I love sunflower seeds and cranberries, and will sometimes add chopped deli meat, cheese, radishes, cucumber, tomato, etc.
Healthy & Quick Meal Recipes:
- Spanish Romesco Pita Pizzas Using pita bread or small tortillas as the base for mini pizzas is a great way to save time. Top it with a tiny bit of your favorite pizza sauce, pesto, or romesco sauce, and add veggies.
- Smoked Trout Salad: Using a can of tuna or smoked trout is an easy way to add protein and make a filling salad for the family (and jam is a great way to make a salad dressing in a pinch!).
CANIDAE Life Stages Chicken Meal & Rice Formula For Cats, 15 Pound
Pet Products (CANIDAE)
Restaurant in China Uses Robots to Cook, Deliver Food — PSFK
But all hope is not yet lost for the traditional server- the robots still need help cooking complicated meals, and must run along a fixed track.
Home Cookin: Easy to Use Software with a Recipe Database, Grocery Manager, and Meal Planning Calendar (Windows)
Software (Mountain Software)
CANIDAE Life Stages Lamb Meal & Rice Formula For Dogs
Pet Products (CANIDAE)
Canidae Dry Dog Food, Chicken Meal and Rice Formula, 30-Pound Bag
Pet Products (Canidae)
Mobile Application (FitNow, Inc)