Healthy Date recipes
After last year’s holiday sugar craze, I’m trying to limit my intake of sweets this year so it won’t be so hard to get back on track once the holiday season is over. Thankfully, I’ve come across a recipe that will allow me to indulge my craving for chocolate without making me feel terrible afterwards. Inspired by Lara Bars, these Chocolate Nut Date Bars offer the richness of dessert without the sugar crash. And because I know my family is trying to eat healthier this year, I thought it might be fun to replace our usual tray of Christmas cookies with plate full of these bars instead.
Luckily, this recipe isn’t just for folks who are trying to cut back on sugar. It’s also vegan, paleo-friendly, and perfect for folks who are allergic to peanuts. Plus, you can swap out any kind of nut or dried fruit you want. Sometimes I’ll even press shredded coconut or slivered nuts on the top before freezing for some added texture and flavor.
Chocolate Nut Date Bars
1. Pour your nuts into a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool for ten minutes.
2. Pour your nuts into the bowl of a food processor, and process until they have formed a paste. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and pulse until mixture is uniformly crumbly.
3. Line a small baking dish with parchment or freezer paper, and press the mixture into the pan so that it’s even in thickness throughout. Cover and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer, and using the edges of the parchment or freezer paper, remove from baking dish. Cut into evenly sized bars using a knife and set aside.
5. Cut the parchment or freezer paper into strips, and wrap your bars. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two months.
Chef Box aims to deliver a heartwarming cooking and dining experience to your .. — Tech in Asia
.. which may seem rather limited to some customers. However, Long emphasizes that the recipes change often. “We curate our menu and refresh it weekly so we can offer our customers healthy and hearty recipes that are quick and easy to prepare,” she says.
Raw Food Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Mobile Application (Healthy Solutions)