MasterChef Australia recipes
145g egg whites, at room temperature
2g cream of tartar
64g caster sugar
2 drops green food colouring
128g ground pistachios, sifted
100g icing sugar, sifted
24g plain flour, sifted
Good quality raspberry jam, for brushing
Crispy almond layer
70g Callebaut dark chocolate, broken into pieces
180g Hazelnut praline paste, or increase chocolate by 40g and add 1 tablespoon
172g slivered almonds, roasted
30g Callebaut cocoa nibs or almonds
690g thickened cream
156g egg yolks
76g caster sugar
265g Callebaut milk chocolate (33.6% cocoa), broken into pieces
265g Callebaut dark chocolate (60% cocoa), broken into pieces
Chocolate leaves and bark
100g good quality dark chocolate (57.8% cocoa)
Assorted fresh leaves, washed and dried with paper towel
150g Callebaut W2 white chocolate (28% cocoa)
Red chocolate heart tops
200g Callebaut velvet white chocolate
20g red soluble oil based powder
30g pistachios, roughly chopped
Edible green metallic
*You will need a 33cm x 23cm cake pan for this recipe.
|Pistachio dacquoise1. For the pistachio dacquoise, preheat oven to 170C.2. Whisk egg whites and cream of
tartar in the bowl of an electric mixer to soft peaks, on medium speed.
3. Increase speed to high, then gradually add caster sugar while mixing continuously to allow sugar to dissolve. Add food colouring, whisking to combine.
4. Meanwhile, combine pistachios,
icing sugar and flour in a bowl.
5. Gently fold meringue into bowl with pistachio mixture until just combined.
6. Using a palette knife, evenly spread mixture into a 35 x 25cm Flexipat or same-size tray lined with baking paper. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes, then remove, and set aside to cool completely.
7. Trim dacquoise to 33cm x 23cm rectangle.
1. For the crispy almond layer, grease and line the cake pan with baking paper.
2. Melt chocolate to 36°C in a microwave in 30 second increments. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Evenly press mixture into cake pan. Set aside until just before the almond layer sets, then place dacquoise layer on top.
4. Brush a thin layer of jam over the top of the pistachio dacquoise.
1. For the chocolate cremeux, bring cream to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Whisking constantly, slowly add half of the warm cream to bowl with egg yolk mixture until combined.
3. Pour egg yolk mixture into pan with
remaining cream, and place over low heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir constantly until mixture reaches 80°C, and coats the back of the wooden spoon.
Ask the Test Kitchen: What are the best brands of fat-free spreads? — Detroit Free Press
I've had success with these products in heart-healthy recipes for baked goods and sautéed dishes.