Recipes from MasterChef Australia
Four textures of corn
MasterClass with George
Roasted sweet corn and smoked almond salad
1 corn cob, husk left on
1/4 cup whole smoked almonds, roughly chopped
1 eschalot, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, to drizzle
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook corn cob over a BBQ or grill plate until charred. Remove husks and discard. Cut kernels from cob and place in a bowl.
2. Add almonds and sliced eschalot and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spoon into a serving dish.
6 corn cobs, grated on microplane
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add grated corn and cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and 200ml milk. Bring to the boil and simmer gently, stirring often for about 12 minutes until mixture thickens. Blend in a bar blender until smooth, return to pan.
1 grated corn cob, cob only
200g corn puree
4 sheets gelatine, gold leaf strength, softened
1. For corn infused milk, chop reserved corn bob into 5-6 pieces and place in a small saucepan with milk and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain and reserve.
2. Add softened gelatine leaves to warm milk and stir until melted. Add 200g corn puree to a large bowl and stir in gelatine milk mixture, stir well to combine. Sieve into a jug and set aside.
3. Prepare 4 x 2cm diameter x 10cm long plastic tubing lined with acetate, sitting on a tray with a layer of 2cm thick, firm butter as a base for the plastic tubes to stand up in. Pour the corn mixture into each tube and refrigerate until set.
50g butter, softened
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
100g raw popcorn kernels
20ml boiling water
1 Soak saffron in water until colour starts to bleed. Blend with butter, set aside.
2 Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add popcorn, cover with a lid and wait for kernels to pop and open. Shake the pan often. Once nearly all popped, add saffron butter and stir to coat. Return lid for 1 minute, then drain popcorn in a colander to remove excess butter.
MasterChef Australia grand finalists Emelia Jackson, Laura Cassai and Brent .. — NEWS.com.au
Without a recipe .. MasterChef contestant Kira Westwick unveils her croquembouche. Source: Channel 10. Each of the three contestants had a bit of the recipe, but none of them had it all.
Global G-663738 -Global Knife Set, 3 Piece