Difficult French dessert recipes
French desserts are rich, decadent, and absolutely delicious. I'm an unabashed fan of desserts in generals, from cakes to cookies to more sophisticated delicacies, but French desserts are among my very favorites. There are so many sinfully scrumptious options, it's hard to pick a single favorite. If pressed, I'll always pick crème brulee, though, and I don't care what kind it is. But before I start drooling and get completely sidetracked, I'd like to share some of the most delicious French desserts with you!
1. Raspberry Macarons
Some of the best French desserts are not simple to make. These gorgeous raspberry macarons are an excellent example of that. But if you try, it will be completely worth it. Keeping the right temperature is the trickiest part. As for the ingredients, it basically comes down to almond flower, sugar, egg whites, and food coloring for the pink tint. Yet the results are absolutely incredible!
• 1 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
• 1 cup(s) almond flour (see Tips & Techniques)
• 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoon(s) water
• 2 drop(s) (or 3) red food coloring
• 1/2 cup(s) seedless raspberry jam
• Preheat the oven to 400° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• In a large, wide bowl, using a large rubber spatula or a handheld electric mixer, mix the confectioners' sugar and the almond flour with 1 of the egg whites until evenly moistened.
• In a small saucepan, combine the granulated sugar with the water and bring to a boil; using a moistened pastry brush, wash down any crystals on the side of the pan. Cook over high heat until the syrup reaches 240° on a candy thermometer.
• In another large bowl, using clean, dry beaters, beat the remaining 2 egg whites at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. With the mixer at high speed, carefully drizzle the hot sugar syrup over the whites and beat until firm and glossy. Beat in the food coloring until the meringue is bright pink.
WELLPET, LLC - WELLNESS SIMPLE DOG DUCK/OATMEAL Case 12/12.5 OZ
Pet Products (WELLPET, LLC)
MasterChef Australia grand finalists Emelia Jackson, Laura Cassai and Brent .. — NEWS.com.au
Without a recipe .. MasterChef contestant Kira Westwick unveils her croquembouche. Source: Channel 10. Each of the three contestants had a bit of the recipe, but none of them had it all.