Difficult recipes to Master
is a classic semi-support hero with an excellent range of skills and none of the mana problems that plague most casters. He has a variety of strong disables, the ability to steal mana from enemy heroes, and a big single target nuke for an ultimate.
Lion is an excellent beginner's hero as his powers are all relatively straight-forward to get to grips with, but he does have hidden depths which allow you to expand his playstyle and fully exploit his abilities...
Strengths and Weaknesses
+ Excellent disabler
+ Accomplished ganker
+ Can sustain mana almost indefinitely
+ Very item independent
+ Strong intelligence growth
- Somewhat squishy
- Poor agility growth
- No big team fight ability
- Slow movement speed
is a very strong skill, offering both a good stun duration, and reasonable nuke damage on top. It can also hit multiple targets if you line it up correctly. As a general rule, you always want to max this skill ASAP - every point adds 60-70 damage and another 0.5 to the stun time.
In team fights you want to try and hit as many heroes as possible with it, and this relies on picking your moment and the right line - you should aim to hit 2-3 enemies. Some powers like Vaccuum may even allow you to hit all 5 heroes, as can careful positioning and fighting along narrow paths.
Spike is also your main pushing and farming ability. Once you've maxed it and have mana to spare, auto-attack the enemy creeps down to about half health, and then send a spike through the middle of them.
It can be targeted at the ground, or directly on a hero - either way your cast speed is so fast you're unlikely to miss.
is an unusual spell that not only regenerates your mana, but can also steal it from enemy heroes. For many enemies this can be worse than them taking harassment from your auto-attacks, leaving them unable to use their abilities to attack or escape. This also feeds your, allowing you to use it regularly for harassment or attempting kills.
As a general rule, you will almost always want a point in this at level 2, and mostly another at level 4 as well. This doubles the amount you can drain in a single go from 80 to 160 mana.
This is the ability that gives his excellent ability to sustain away from the fountain and not require items for mana regeneration. Level 4 offers a huge boost to your regen ability.
A few things to bear in mind:
- You can drain from any enemy or neutral unit that has a mana pool, this includes ranged creeps and most of the larger neutral creeps.
- is a channeling spell, so you can't attack, move or cast anything else unless you want to cancel it. This means you should be careful about leaving yourself vulnerable, or failing to get a kill because you're not attacking.
- has a break distance where enemies can stop the spell if they move far enough away. Get used to this distance and start your cast from a bit closer than that. It's especially effective from the side of a lane where a hero will have more difficulty retreating out of range.
- Once you have a few levels in both, an enemy and then drain the mana back from them while they're stunned and moving away. You can keep repeating this every 15-20 seconds or so.
- This ability can be useful in team fights, but make sure you target enemies with small mana pools, and fire off all of your other abilities first.
Pit Master 6" sticker *E869* barbeque grill cook burger smoker grilling wood
Single Detail Page Misc (EZSTIK)
Vineland author pens third cookbook — Vineland Daily Journal
Made with curry sauce, cashews and almonds, this was one of the most difficult recipes for him to find and refine.