Easy tasty recipes for kids
I love broccoli and so do my grandsons. This is a super recipe ( easy and fast) and can be made with lower fat Turkey bacon. The kids love to do this -especially breaking the broccoli and cauliflower florets off the stems. Give it a try! You could use raw cauliflower of different colors ( white and yellow) and mix it in with the broccoli. You can see some of our little farm output above. YUM!
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets and bite size pieces ( I mix with colored cauliflower florets)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar ( you could use stevia equivalent for lower calorie but I do not like the aftertaste)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 10 slices turkey bacon
- Cook bacon in a skillet until evenly brown. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, toss together broccoli ( cauliflower), raisins and red onions. In a separate bowl, whisk together the white sugar or stevia, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and crumbled bacon. Toss and serve
You might also like
How to Make Sweet, Nutty Glutinous Rice Balls - Recipe — NDTV
A day spent with my Sichuanese stepmother Lily is always a joy - she's a terrific cook and the children love the delicious food she makes. ..
Easy Dessert Recipes Cookbook Vol 2
Mobile Application (Smoothie - Easy and Delicious Recipes Cookbook App)